2013 FORD TAURUS, Vin# 1FAHP2M85DG162655, Unit# 6227 Color= SILVER, Mileage or Hours Last Reported= 67749, Title (Yes/No) Y, Key (Yes/No) Y, Starts (Yes/No/Unknown?)UNK. It has been determined surplus because of one or more of the following reasons: age, mechanical condition, repair parts being unavailable, collision damage or no longer meets the needs of Metro Government. Make your own value determination given any and all auction constraints prior to bidding. A preview will be scheduled to allow bidders to inspect the items up for bid, Onsite Preview Friday the 7th 12:00 to 2:00pm.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. In order to bid, you must have a bid number. Online bidders must register online via Proxibid.com. You will need a credit card to register however we will not automatically charge it at the end of the auction. You must re-register and use a new bid number every sale.
2. All vehicles/equipment are sold “as is, where is” without any written, expressed, or implied guarantee including but not limited to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
3. Preview/Inspection period: Bidders may view the auction vehicles and equipment starting at 11:00am until 1:30pm Wednesday the 20th of September 2023. There will be no other viewing of the vehicles/equipment prior to the auction. If you fail to preview the vehicles/equipment during this time you are waiving your preview opportunity.
4. Because of the condition, age or other factors, expect that most of the vehicles and equipment will need to be towed from this facility.
5. Condition is not guaranteed. Because of their age many vehicles may not have any information whatsoever. Some parts/equipment may be missing from vehicles. It is the Bidders responsibility to check for any missing equipment/parts that may impact its value prior to bidding. Bidders are responsible for making their own value determination through inspections prior to bidding. No missing parts or equipment will be added to any lot after the sale for any reason.
6. Payment must be made within 24 hours of the auction ending. Acceptable forms of payment include Wire Transfer, Cash, ACH, Zelle with 1.5%fee, Certified Check and Credit Cards up to $2500 with a 3% processing fee.
7. Successful Bidders that do not pay for vehicles/equipment will be barred from all future Louisville Metro Surplus Auctions going forward including the Proxibid.com website.
8. Due to the changes in the KRS covering title & Junking paperwork we will need to schedule pickup appointment times. When you pay you will be able to schedule an appointment time, first come first serve when it comes to scheduling appointment times.
9. All titles will be signed & notarized by Metro Government and the successful buyer – No exceptions. Recent changes to the KRS require that those wishing to junk the vehicles need to fill out the proper paperwork.
10. The buyer must show proof of a dealer’s license (if applicable), operator’s license at the time of payment. An expired insurance certificate will not be accepted.
11. Internet Buyer’s Premium, a fifteen percent (15%) buyer’s premium will be added to your winning bid price to determine the final bid price. (Example- If you bid ten dollars, one dollar & fifty cents will be added to your bid to determine the final bid price.)
12. The Kentucky Revenue Cabinet requires the collection of KY Sales Tax at the rate of 6% on all vehicles and equipment sold at this auction. During the Bidder Registration Process in order to be exempt from paying KY Sales Tax you will need to provide your resale number on the website. If you are a dealer, parts wholesaler, or an individual buying to resale, you must present and leave with us a copy of your Tax Exempt/Resale Certificate along with filling out the state exemption form for our files at time of payment. All persons buying for personal use will pay KY sales tax along with any persons or companies that have failed to provide valid Tax Exempt/Resale certificates during the Bidder Registration Process. Also, out of state buyers must present their out-of-state Tax Exempt/Resale Certificate during the Bidder Registration Process to be exempt from paying KY Sales Tax. We must collect KY Sales Tax at all auctions.
13. Sales tax at the rate of 6% will be charged to residents in Arizona, California, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, South Carolina and Washington.
14. For In-State Kentucky Residents, vehicles must be transferred prior to removing them from the facility, no exceptions. You must show proof of transfer to Metro staff when picking them up. For those vehicles you deem not worth titling, you will still need to fill out the paperwork concerning the title transfer for Metro’s record-keeping.
15. Vehicle purchases will be released only upon proof of title transfer and a paid in full receipt. Out of state residents will not be required to transfer vehicles prior to removing but keep in mind Metro Government may file an incomplete transfer form after 30 days and junk the title if necessary.
16. All vehicles and equipment must to be removed between the hours of 8:00 am & 2:00 p.m. within 5 business days after your scheduled appointment to sign the titles and other documentation. This is the only time window available for pick up unless alternative arrangements are made and agreed to by Metro Fleet Services staff. Please advise someone in the administrative office when you arrive to pick up vehicles.
17. Any vehicles or equipment not removed within two weeks following the auction will be considered abandoned and disposed of by the auction company, Metro Fleet Services or Metro Government as they see fit. By not complying with the terms and conditions of the sale you forfeit any claims to any property abandoned at the facility.
18. Successful bidders are responsible for loading and removal of all property awarded to them from the place where the property is located. The Buyer will make all arrangements and perform all loading and transportation of their property completely off Metro facilities. Under no circumstances will Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government assume responsibility for loading, shipping, or transporting.
19. No mechanical repairs of any kind can be performed on Metro Property.
20. Any Police or Medical/EMT Equipment (decals, emergency lights, communication equipment, etc.) will be removed prior to any vehicle being removed from the lot. This equipment is not being sold and remains the property of Metro Government regardless of it being in a particular picture. Should you discover any of this equipment notify the administrative staff so that it can be removed.
21. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to check on the Auction Inventory List for vehicles that have Salvage Titles or that do not have keys. This can also be seen written on the windows of the cars.
22. At the close of bidding, winning bidders are responsible for protecting their merchandise from damage or theft. Neither Metro Government nor Auctions ASAP assume any responsibility for loss or damage. The buyer is responsible for insuring their purchases.
23. There will be no parking of personal vehicles on the lot prior to or during the auction.
24. No alcohol, illegal drugs, pets or weapons of any kind are allowed on the lot. No one under 18 is allowed on this Metro facility.
25. No dumping of trash, tires, car parts and anyone caught dumping will be barred from the facility.
26. Neither Metro Louisville Government nor Auctions ASAP will be responsible for any and all accidents or injuries. All parties entering this Metro facility does so of their own free will and they assume all personal risk and liability.
27. Auctions ASAP reserves the right to accept bids in any increment that is in the best interest of the seller. Auctions ASAP reserves the right to reject the bidding of any person or persons whose conduct, actions, or adverse comments are not in the best interest of the seller. If Auctions ASAP deems there to be collusion among bidders, the auction may be canceled, or the parties may be directed to leave or be escorted off the premises.
28. REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS: It is the Bidder's responsibility to ascertain and comply with all applicable Federal, State, local, multi-jurisdictional laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to the registration, licensing, handling, possession, transportation, transfer, export, processing, manufacture, sale, use or disposal of the property listed in the invitation. Purchasers or users of this property are not excused from any of such laws or regulations.
29. Auctioneer nor their staff will be buying at this auction.
30. All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede all other announcements including any printed materials or publications. Be sure to listen or read any opening announcements as terms of the sale may change depending on the needs of Metro Government.
31. Bidding on behalf of someone that has been banned from previous auctions will be grounds for immediate suspension of your bidding privileges and your previous bids may not be recognized under the sole discretion of the auctioneer.
Louisville, Kentucky 40218
Vehicles can be removed after your designated appointment with a Fleet Services Manager, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 2:00pm with the expectation of having them pulled within a week's time.
Coming Soon, Check Back Often...... Selling Surplus Vehicles and Equipment for the City of Louisville Metro Fleet Services.